3.0

Update added by user Oct 03

rental record 169810325

Original review posted by user Sep 29

I rented a car from Hertz in Des Moines and returned it without incident on 08/29/2016.On 09/29/2016 I received a letter from Viking Billing Company in Eden Prairie, MN stating that "I had either rented a vehicle from Hertz Corporation and returned it with damage, or was involved in and accident with a Hertz Corporation vehicle." Hmmm the word EITHER really bothers me because it indicates there was damage to another vehicle in that parking lot.

I am a former auto rental agent, approximately 25 years ago, and I know that rental employees are NOT perfect drivers, and often get in a hurry shuttling cars around the lot when business picks up. I know the vehicle was undamaged at the time of return, and a representative checked the vehicle in. I think I know exactly what happened, a Hertz employee damaged the vehicle that I had rented while moving it, or another Hertz vehicle in close proximity to where I had parked, struck the vehicle I had returned and damaged it after it was returned.

If a Hertz staff member struck another Hertz rental vehicle, then job preservation kicked in by them remaining silent.

I called Hertz auto rental at the Des Moines airport hoping to speak with someone close to the incident, to find out where the damage was located. I was instead told "We don't have that information. We turn it over to the billing company." That is exactly what I did not want to occur, having to deal with a third party who was completely removed from the situation.

I called Viking Billing and reached voice mail, and left a message. Viking Billing has not returned my call.

Comment Private message author

Hertz Car Rental

Review category

Rentals

review #928092 by user12361151

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›

Had an experience with Hertz Claim Management?

Submit review ›

Had the same issue

Post a comment to start a discussion.

"In May of 2014, through the recommendation of my insurance co., I rented a car from Enterprise while my car was being repaired. When I picked up the vehicle,..."

"We recently rented a car from Enterprise, but did NOT purchase their insurance - HUGE mistake. While doing the inspection with the representative before we left with the car,..."

"I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."

"I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."

"Less than half a small bowl of mac and cheese for $4.59 + tax. No their fault. Its my fault so I will not buy it again!..."

"I ordered a Bouquet of flowers Online via flowerdeliveryexpress.com. They (FDE) sent a confirmation email that delivery would be February 10th. I had ordered early for Valentine’s..."

"very rude same woman treated me very poorly 4 times until i just decided to make her close my account the third time i had a problem with this..."

" "I called American Musical Supply (AMS) at 1-877-281-8332 requesting to change the credit card on record to another card (3) three days in advance of my pending monthly charge- it..."

"Consigned model trains to this auction house. They sold the trains and kept the money. I never received any money and lost the trains. Others have made..."

Submit review Business Solutions

Most Complained About Companies

Services

Business Solutions

Our Research

Dispute Resolution (LVP Program)

Tips and Samples

Consumer Tips

Consumer Resources

Complaint Letter Sample

Class Actions

Pissed Consumer © All Rights Reserved

This reviewer shared experience about "bogus damage allegation " and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1350. This person is overall dissatisfied with Hertz Claim Management. The most disappointing about hertz car rental at Hertz Claim Management was bogus damage claim Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hertz Claim Management.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Professional Services category for more informed decision or compare Hertz Claim Management to other companies on our site.

Comments