2.7
Additional Fees

Similar experience - not only a Gold member but a 5-Star Gold Member for renting from Hertz so frequently and INCIDENT FREE! However when my last rental car, a bloody Prius wanna-be, was damaged by a hit and run while I was running errands in downtown Fredericksburg, VA, I was point-blank lied to from the rental office on HWY 17!

As soon as I noticed the damage, I called the guys at the Hertz office and explained everything. Since the vehicle was still drivable, I was told to just bring it back on my contracted return date. I was literally in tears when I called them bexcuse nothing like this had ever happened to me before. When I returned the car, I filled out the yellow incident report in complete detail, which again got me teary eyed .

The guy at the counter explained that the Visa credit card I had used to rent the car would cover the cost of any damages. He told me to WAIT UNTIL I RECEIVED A BILL FROM HERTZ CLAIM DEPT AND THEN CONTACT VISA WITHIN 90 DAYS. We'll, I NEVER received anything in writing from Hertz which led me to believe that Hertz and Visa had already handled everything somehow. Then I get a call from a Florida number, which I sent to voicemail because I screen all my calls, telling me I was being sent to collections for the cost of the damages.

I immediately called the number back and explained everything from the very beginning. The woman I spoke with was helpful but rude and practically insinuated that I was making the whole thing up. Still, I did exactly as she instructed me to do and contacted Visa to file the claim, which I had just discovered should have been filed at the time of the incident! So I fill out the claim form online with Visa, once again explaining everything in detail from the beginning, and once again getting emotional because I am going through a lot right now, and all this while I still have no idea how much money Hertz was demanding for the damages.

About a week or two later I get a bill from Hertz in the amount of +$1600! The next day I get an email from Visa asking for additional information, which I provided 3 separate times! Always receiving the same boilerplate response explaining that I filed the claim outside of the reporting window time frame and please provide information as to why I didn't report it sooner. Long story short - Visa won't cover it because I did not report the incident within 45 days, despite the fact that I was given wrong information from Hertz.

And Hertz just sent me a second letter telling me to pay in full to avoid further negative action. I am 30 years old, with severe psychiatric disabilities, so I cannot work and almost all of my disability benefit money goes directly towards my health care costs. So I certainly do not have over $1600 to pay for damages I didn't do, just because someone didn't know what they were talking about and gave me wrong information. I truly do not know what to do!

I am having extreme panic attacks over this whole situation to the point where I may actually cause harm to myself.

And no body gives a ***! I miss my Hertz office back in Oxnard, CA....i really dislike the bloody commonwealth!

Product or Service Mentioned: Hertz Claim Management Auto Claim.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 15, 2016.

Comments